Malignitetsrisikoen ved påvist adnextumor er lav, spesielt hos premenopausale. Cyster < 4 cm hos premenopausale kvinner og < 2 cm hos postmenopausale kvinner trenger ingen oppfølging
- Levine D, Brown DL, Andreotti RF, Management of asymptomatic ovarian and other adnexal cysts imaged at US: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Consensus Conference Statement. Radiology 2010 256:943-54.
- Harris RD, Javitt MC, Glanc P, Brown DL, Dubinsky T, Harisinghani MG, Khati NJ, Kim YB, Mitchell DG, Pandharipande PV, Pannu HK, Podrasky AE, Royal HD, Shipp TD, Siegel CL, Simpson L, Wall DJ, Wong-You-Cheong JJ, Zelop CM; Expert Panel on Women's Imaging. ACR Appropriateness Criteria® clinically suspected adnexal mass. [Online Publication]. Reston (VA) American College of Radiology (ACR); 2012. Available at: https://acsearch.acr.org/docs/69466/Narrative/.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG Committee Opinion: number 280, December 2002. The role of the generalist obstetrician-gynecologist in the early detection of ovarian cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2002;100(6):1413–1416.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG Practice Bulletin. Management of adnexal masses. Obstet Gynecol 2007;110(1):201–214.
- Patel, MD, Ascher, SM, Paspulati, RM, Shanbhogue, AK, Siegelman, ES, Stein, MW, Berland, LL. Managing Incidental Findings on Abdominal and Pelvic CT and MRI, Part 1: White Paper of the ACR Incidental Findings Committee II on Adnexal Findings. Journal of the American College of Radiology, 2013; 10(9): p675-681
- Timmerman D, Valentin L, Bourne TH, et al. Terms, definitions and measurements to describe the sonographic features of adnexal tumors: a consensus opinion from the International Ovarian Tumor Analysis (IOTA) Group. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2000;16(5):500–505.