THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF GYNAECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY (ESGO)
We are glad to contact you with some information regarding the European
Society of Gynaecological Oncology. 2002 was the year for a new start for ESGO!
Definition of the mission of ESGO:
* To create an open European platform of individual professionals dedicated to the care of women with gynaecological cancer.
* To be the authority responsible for recognition of Gynaecological Oncology in Europe.
* To lead Europe in clinical and scientific education in Gynaecological Oncology and provide standards and supervision for certified training.
* To independently set multi-professional Standards of Care for women with gynaecological cancer.
* To integrate clinical and basic research into the educational, training and collaborative activities of the society.
* To promote communication with scientific and professional organisations within Europe and worldwide.
* New Administration Office at Kenes International in Geneva.
* Organization of the 13th International Meeting of ESGO in
Brussels April 6 -10, 2003
* ESGO and the IGCS decided to collaborate as joint owners of the International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer (IJGC). The IJGC will become our official journal from April 2003.
* ESGO is working in close collaboration with the EBCOG to establish formal guidelines for the training and certification in Gynaecologic Oncology.
We feel very confident that our 13th International Meeting, which will be held in Brussels, Belgium, April 6-10, 2003, will be successful. As an example, we are pleased to announce that 424 abstracts of the highest quality were accepted through a blinded peer review and that ESGO 13th has been awarded European and Belgian CME Accreditation (see scientific
programme on attached leaflet). The abstract book will be published as a Supplement to the new joint International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. For more details about ESGO activities, visit the ESGO websites
www.esgo.org< http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=610817&s=71208333 > and
www.esgo.org/esgo13< http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=610818&s=71208333 > .
Our objective is to have a very active and democratic society, to collaborate with a large range of experts and to become the Voice of Gynaecological Oncology in Europe.
We invite all those who wish to take up this challenge
< http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=610819&s=71208333 >
to join ESGO soon. All 2003 ESGO members will get a reduced
registration fee for the ESGO 13th meeting.
If you are a member of ESGO already, please fill in the
< http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=610820&s=71208333 >
members details update form, so that we can update our
We need your ideas and contribution! Feel free to contact us at
email@example.com < firstname.lastname@example.org> .